Tuesday, February 14, 2006

House Rules

I've been mulling over the house rules I'd like to see implemented in the campaign, and I've decided to post them here for your reference. There aren't that many, in all honesty.

As you know, I've reduced the Massive Damage Threshold from the standard D&D limit of 50 to your character's Constitution score. If your character takes a single hit that inflicts damage greater than or equal to his Constitution score, you have to succeed at a DC 15 Fortitude save or be immediately reduced to -1 hit points.

In addition to this, I'd also like to experiment with the Severe Injury and Infection rules that are presented in the Thieves' World Player's Manual. If it turns out that it's too much to keep track of, we can ditch it, but I think it might be interesting to see how it pans out.

Other additions from Thieves' World will include a couple of new base character classes, which will be available to characters from this point forward. The first is that of the assassin, which is precisely what it sounds like. It's a slight departure from the assassin prestige class (from the DMG), in that there is no magic involved with the character class at all.

The second base class I'll be allowing is that of the savant. The savant is a highly-configurable class, designed to allow players to play tradesmen, craftsmen, specialists, etc. In effect, it is a PC version of the "expert" NPC class from the DMG.

Anyone interested in looking these rules over at the next game should feel free to ask.

As an aside, I've also considered implementing a vitality/wound point system, but I'll probably hold off on that. The game is going to be difficult enough with the current slew of additional rules.

So...I'll see you all on Saturday night, 7pm to midnight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home